El Confidencial newspaper in Spain is reporting this Tuesday morning that Real Madrid is preparing an £85 million offer for Tottenham’s Gareth Bale.
Gareth Bale has always been the Spanish giants target after former French international Zinadine Zidane was tasked with watching Bale play last season leading him to say that Bale was the third best player in football after Messi and Ronaldo.
Spurs have said all along that there is no way that the winger will be leaving the club this summer with yet again being asked about it at a press conference during Tottenham’s pre-season tour of Hong Kong.
‘I want to repeat what I was telling you last season and what I was telling you from the beginning of pre-season so I cannot extend myself,” Villas-Boas said, when asked about Bale’s future.
“He is a player that we are willing to continue to have, he’s a Tottenham player, he’s one of the most fantastic players in the world at the moment and we are counting on him for the future.”
Bale was responsible for scoring 21 goals in 34 premiership matches last season, and is thought to be vital if the club is to finish in the top four next season earning a place in the Champions League.
Tottenham Chairman Daniel Levy and real Madrid president Florentino Perez have done deals in the past including the sale of Croatian Luka Modric to Los Blanco’s prompting Spurs to say that they had a “partnership agreement” with the Spanish club.
Last week when speaking to Spanish daily sports newspaper MARCA, Perez said:
“For those players and investments that generate and produce income, you can give everything in life, but we don’t speak of Bale so much because he plays at a friendly club to us and they will be annoyed if we speak. I know their chairman well and he doesn’t like these things.”
El Confidencial claims that the renewed interest from Madrid comes after talk that Manchester United are putting an offer together for the young Welshman.