Fans excited as Hazard reject Madrid and confirm he wants to play for Chelsea

Follow Footballbible on Facebook and Twitter get up to date football related news from the English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and other leagues around the World. News From Chelsea, Everton, Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool.

Eden Hazard has confirmed he will remain at Chelsea this season despite rumours linking him with a move to Real Madrid, though he has left the door open to a move in the future.

The Belgian lit up the World Cup over the summer, helping to secure a third-place finish, and admitted after the win over England that ‘it might be time to try something different’.

He had been earmarked as a successor to Cristiano Ronaldo at the Bernabeu – with the Spanish window still open until the end of August – but has now played down the chances of a departure.

‘Everybody knows what I have said after the World Cup,’ Hazard told French station RMC.

‘But I’m happy here. ‘I don’t want to talk about it yet. A lot has been said, but at the moment I’m happy. I have two years left on my contract and we’ll see what happens. Leaving this year? I won’t go.’

Chelsea have been negotiating a new deal with Hazard for some time, though he is yet to sign, causing some fans to fear that he will run down his contract to force through a move just as Thibaut Courtois has done.

Hazard is being eased back gently by manager Maurizio Sarri after his World Cup exploits, but got a rousing reception after coming on against Arsenal in the 60th minute on Saturday at Stamford Bridge, setting up the winning goal.

He continued: ‘Today we have seen that the fans quite like me. I’m good where I am now. Let’s see what happens in one or two years.

‘The transfer market in England is closed. Clubs can still sell players, but not sign new ones anymore. It would be a bit strange that they would sell me now while they can’t sign a replacement.’

Loading...

Leave a Reply